FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT DO THE PACKETS INCLUDE?
So glad you asked! These standard components are included with every order and delivered as printable PDF files:
- Mailing label
- Personalized return/home address label
- 3 versions of custom letterhead for your social résumé + cover letter
- Folded note card featuring your selected design (blank interior)
- Personalized sticker
- Detailed printing instructions + a super helpful resource guide (so that you can handle your own printing or turn your packet into a personal stationery set as needed!)
And these are some of the additional options we offer:
- Custom résumé formatting and placement of cover letter verbiage—you can download our résumé information form and our cover letter template here, both of which can be edited using Microsoft Word.
NOTE: Resume formatting is a design service and does not include copyediting/proofreading. Like all major design companies, we will place the EXACT verbiage you submit unless you choose to add on our proofreading service. It is your responsibility to carefully review your proofs, request any necessary changes or edits, and submit your final approval so that your order can move into print production.
- Professional printing of all products on high-quality paper + shipping of printed packets to your home address
- Colorful folders and envelopes for presenting and mailing your completed packets
- One-of-a-kind packet design (to ensure that your packet is the ONLY packet of its kind!)
- Rush design and rush shipping
OUR AVAILABLE DESIGN + SHIPPING OPTIONS FOR SORORITY PACKETS
- Standard Design (1 week turnaround for proofs) + FREE Printing & Shipping (8 Business Days) - FREE
- Standard Design (1 week turnaround for proofs) + Expedited Printing & Shipping (5 Business Days) - $18
- Standard Design (1 week turnaround for proofs) + Rush Printing & Shipping (3 Business Days) - $53
- *Rush Design (3-day turnaround for proofs) + Expedited Printing & Shipping (5 Business Days) - $68
- *Rush Design (3-day turnaround for proofs) + Rush Printing & Shipping (3 Business Days) - $103
*Rush design is not available for one-of-a-kind packets
2. HOW DO I ASSEMBLE MY SORORITY PACKET?
- 1 resume
- 1 cover letter
- 1 personal note card + envelope (to be sent to alumnae as a thank you card after they have completed your recommendation)
- 3 personal stickers (used to label the backs of your headshots—they also make adorable envelope sealers!)
- 2 return address labels
- 2 mailing labels
3. HELP! MY ENVELOPES OR FOLDERS ARRIVED AT MY HOUSE, BUT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY PERSONALIZED ITEMS YET!
Rest assured that the remainder of your order is not lost or missing—our packets are shipped separately from our envelopes and folders, meaning you can expect the rest of your order to arrive soon in another box!
4. HOW MUCH DO THE SORORITY PACKETS COST?
Our Recruitment Information Packets begin at $95 (at this price point, you’ll receive a full set of print-ready PDFs + printing instructions and a resource guide). Additional features (including résumé formatting, envelopes and folders, folder stickers, and proof-reading) are also available for an additional fee.
5. I'M NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENT FORMATTING AND PRINTING OPTIONS. CAN YOU EXPLAIN?
Absolutely! You can think of our order options as falling under three categories:
JUST THE DESIGN
Your computer is equipped with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, and more. You're well-versed in Photoshop. Your font library is well-stocked with typefaces that will coordinate with the packet design you've chosen. You feel confident about the prospect of formatting your own résumé and cover letter verbiage (especially since we've created a handy How to Merge guide for you), and anticipate having no problem placing your own print order using the detailed instructions we provide. Going DIY with our Recruitment Information Packets should be no problem for you! Be sure to select "zero" when asked to indicate the number of printed packets you would like, and choose the "No, I'll format everything myself" option when asked about résumé formatting. This is the most economical, but also the most hands-on, order option we offer.
FORMATTING WITHOUT PRINTING
You're fluent in Microsoft Word, but beyond that, you're not very familiar with more complicated design software like Adobe Illustrator, inDesign, and Photoshop. It's important to you that the information listed on your résumé and cover letter is an exact match—same fonts, style, and colors—for the design on your custom letterhead. With that said, you know you can handle printing the packets on your own using the detailed instructions we provide. If this is you, select "zero" when asked to indicate the number of printed packets you would like, and click "Yes" when asked about résumé formatting. While this is a cost-effective option, please do keep in mind that our printing prices are very competitive—we'd love to take the whole thing off your plate if you're pressed for time!
THE TOTAL PRINTED PACKET—FORMATTING AND PRINTING
Maybe you're totally out of your league when it comes to words like "margin" and "bleed," or maybe you're super skilled in all things design but completely short on time. We feel you! If your To Do list is a mile long, or if you just don't want to think about your packets for a second longer than you have to, this full-service option is 100% for you! We'll do the busy work for you by formatting every last inch of your résumé and cover letter verbiage to ensure a perfect match for the design you've selected, and then we'll go a step further. We'll print your packets—résumé, cover letter, address labels, note cards, personalized stickers, and all—on high-quality paper before shipping them directly to your home. All that's left to do is assemble + deliver your packets to the women writing your reference letters! If this sounds right up your alley, indicate the number of printed packets you would like on our order form, and click "Yes" when asked about résumé formatting.
6. I PAID FOR RESUME FORMATTING AND RECEIVED A FULLY-FORMATTED RESUME, BUT I WANT TO MAKE A FEW MORE CHANGES TO THE FINAL PRODUCT ON MY OWN. CAN YOU SEND ME MY RESUME AS A WORD DOCUMENT SO THAT I CAN MAKE EDITS MYSELF?
Trust us, we WISH we could say yes!! However, our formatted resumes are final, print-ready products that are individually handcrafted by our designer. In order for you to edit your own resume after enlisting our professional designer to complete the formatting, you would have to do two things:
1. Purchase, install, and learn how to operate professional design software (such as the programs included in the Adobe Creative Suite).
2. Purchase and install all of the fonts utilized throughout your design (keep in mind that some of the fonts used by our insanely-talented, award-winning designer cost upwards of $200 per font!)
With that said, we hear you. Panhellenic deadlines often fall well before the end of the school year, meaning that by the end of May you may have accumulated a whole new set of awards and honors! If and when that happens, we recommend doing one of two things:
OPTION A: Note new accomplishments in your cover letter along with a request for alum to specifically note them in their letters of recommendation. This is a common practice when GPAs change as well! Already sent out your cover letters? No problem. Notify alum of the changes via phone or email.
OPTION B: Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to accommodate additional changes requested AFTER final product approval at a rate of $10/edit.
7. THE UNIVERSITY I'M ATTENDING ONLY ACCEPTS DIGITAL RESUMES AND REC LETTERS. SHOULD I STILL ORDER PRINTED PACKETS?
Stop by this blog post for the complete scoop on electronic recommendations, and read on for a quick overview!
Your options: Go 100% green by ordering our packets in digital form (more details in the "Just the Design" section listed above) and submitting your information via email to the women writing your letters of recommendation. Be sure to give each woman detailed instructions about how to upload your personal documents to your university's website, as this will be new for many of them! Alternately, you may want to send your letter-writers a printed copy of your packet for their personal use, and provide them with a digital copy of each item for uploading to your university's website. Whether your information is ultimately received by each sorority house in print or digital form, rest assured knowing that your personal branding and perfectly polished résumé are sure to shine!
8. MY LOCAL ALUMNAE PANHELLENIC/UNIVERSITY PANHELLENIC’S DEADLINE IS COMING UP! HOW QUICKLY CAN YOU DELIVER THE PACKETS TO ME?
Please allow 1 week to receive your digital proofs via email. Once you’ve approved your proofs, please allow 5 additional business days for printing and shipment to your home. Need your packets sooner? Be sure to select our rush design (3-day turnaround for proofs) and rush shipping option, too!
9. I SEE YOU'RE BASED IN DALLAS! CAN I JUST PICK UP MY PACKETS IN PERSON? I'M IN A RUSH!
While we are located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and do stock envelopes and folders in our office, our print fulfillment partner is based in Alabama. For this reason we do not offer in-person pick up. If you live locally, you can expect to receive your folders/envelopes in the mail a day or two earlier than your printed packets.
10. CAN I PRINT MY PACKETS FROM MY HOME COMPUTER?
Technically, yes. However, Digital Lizard is the only printer we recommend using to print your recruitment packets should you choose to go the DIY route. Their paper quality is excellent, their turnaround time is very fast, and their customer service department is easily accessed. Again, while you can print your packets on your home computer or take your PDFs to a local retailer for printing, the designs you purchased have been specifically formatted to fit Digital Lizard’s products and printing specifications. We can NOT guarantee that you will be able to find the correct stickers, labels, etc. elsewhere. With this in mind, and to attain the best possible print quality, we strongly recommend using Digital Lizard…or just letting us take care of the printing on your behalf!
11. I WANT TO GET STARTED ON MY PACKETS NOW, BUT MY RESUME ISN'T READY YET. CAN I GO AHEAD AND PLACE MY ORDER?
You're so close, but it's not quite time to press the order button—you must have your résumé ready to upload when placing your order if we will be formatting and/or printing it for you. Make those final tweaks and updates and then let's get the order process started!
If you want us to place cover letter verbiage on your custom letterhead for you, that will need to be uploaded at the time of your order as well. Also, don’t forget that your sorority packets can be turned into a personal stationery set post-recruitment! EVERYONE who orders one of our packets receives detailed printing instructions (even those who choose to have us print their packets for them) because we want you to be able to re-use and enjoy these designs long after Bid Day comes and goes.
12. WHY DO CERTAIN ORGANIZATIONS RECOMMEND INCLUDING TWO COPIES OF MY RESUME, TRANSCRIPT, AND COVER LETTER IN EACH PACKET?
13. IS JOINING A SORORITY REALLY THE ONLY WAY TO FIND BRIDESMAIDS IN COLLEGE?
Joining a sorority is NOT the only way to make life-long friends and/or "find your bridesmaids" in college (although yes, two of our bridesmaids were our sorority sisters). There are many other clubs, volunteer organizations, and campus ministries that provide college students with the opportunity to build and invest in relationships—don't be afraid to shop around!
Whether you ultimately end up accepting a bid or you decide joining a sorority just isn't for you, however, going through recruitment is an excellent chance to get outside your comfort zone, make new connections, practice those people skills, and find community + get involved on campus right from the start. Why not give it a go?
14. WHAT IS YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR HAVING A SUCCESSFUL RECRUITMENT?
Our definition of a "successful recruitment" has more to do with approach than outcome. Sorority recruitment can be an emotionally charged process, and—from personal experience and from what our current collegian friends continually tell us—things don't always go as planned, or turn out like you expected. That's why right from the start, we encourage you to stay as open-minded as possible for the duration of this experience. In other words, don't wait until Bid Day to start building relationships. Talk to girls at local Panhellenic meetings. Make friends at Fish Camp. Encourage other PNMs in your group after each round of recruitment concludes. Really listen to what chapter members have to say and be intentional about the questions you ask. Maintain this kind of attitude and you'll end recruitment with friends in not just one sorority, but all of them! Want even more detailed advice about what to expect during sorority recruitment? Be sure to check out our eBook, Everything You Need to Know About Sorority Recruitment!